Now that Valentine’s Day has come and gone, it’s time to think green! St. Patrick's Day has quickly become a kid favorite in our home (complete with a visit from a rascally Leprechaun) and this year we are taking it to the next level and throwing a party! I’m thinking there will be chocolate gold coins and shamrock shakes involved, but I know there will definitely be a show-stopper of a backdrop!
Making a fun backdrop for guests to snap a photo in front of that also acts as the main event of your party decor is so much fun to put together and makes a huge impact! To make it super festive and easy, we are huge fans of Shindigz for an endless supply of party essentials, no matter the theme. Plus, Shindigz has tons of fun products that you can personalize to make your celebration unforgettable!
Supplies Needed to Make a DIY St. Patrick’s Day Backdrop:
- White Bright Tone Latex Balloons
- Green Bright Tone Latex Balloons
- Green 5-inch Latex Balloons
- White 5-inch Latex Balloons
- Giant Green Latex Balloons
- Gold Mylar Balloons
- Gold and White Fringe Backdrop
- Shamrock Shaped Tissue Confetti Balloons
- St. Patrick’s Day Dots Paper Garland
- St. Patrick’s Day Paper Fan Decorations
- St. Patrick’s Day Personalized Photo Props
- 6 ft. Lucky Leprechaun Standee
- Fan Faces
- Removable Hooks (if desired)
How to Assemble the Green & Gold Balloon Arch:
- Blow up all of the balloons using a helium tank. Set aside the 36-inch balloons and the gold Mylar balloons.
- Tie the balloon necks together in clusters of 4 balloons.
- Join the balloon clusters together by gently tying them together with string to the desired length of your balloon garland. Make two of these larger clusters. Set clusters aside.
Set Up the Photo Backdrop:
- Tape the fringe to the wall or attach to a photo booth frame.
- Mount one of the balloon clusters to the top of the backdrop (horizontally) using removable hooks or tape. Attach one of the 36-inch balloons to the wall, next to the first cluster, using tape.
- Attach the second balloon cluster to the wall, starting at the 36-inch balloon, going down the side of the backdrop vertically.
- Attach the second 36-inch balloon to the bottom of the balloon garland, using tape or string.
- Fill in empty spaces of the arch with the gold Mylar balloons, using tape.
- Assemble the fans and attach to the backdrop, using tape.
- Hang the circle garland across the top of the backdrop, using tape.
- Assemble the fan faces, photo props and leprechaun standee to use for photo booth fun!
We are obsessed with all of the personal details you can add to your party decor on the Shindigz website. We ordered these fan faces to turn some of our guests' faces into leprechauns and they were a total hit! You can also add custom text to the leprechaun standee and to the photo props to make every detail extra special.
That’s it! You’re ready to throw a party where all of your guests are definitely going to feel lucky!