DIY Valentine’s Day Favors
Hi Shindigz Party Planners and Crafters! It’s Erin Dove from The Blue Eyed Dove back to share another super easy DIY project with you! Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and now is the perfect time to stock up on themed-DIY supplies and favors. Today I am sharing an easy tutorial on making the perfect favors your kids can give their classmates this Valentine’s Day!
DIY Girl & Boy Favor Box Directions
- Mini Glitter Cut-out Hearts
- Red Favor Box (similar)
- White & Pink Paper Shred
- Boy-Themed Decal
- Girl-Themed Decal
- Glue Stick
*Favor-Ideas to fill the boxes: Valentine’s Day Paper Straw attached (with pink or blue ribbon) to a Juice Box, Red Striped Party Bags filled with Candy, Valentine’s Day Pencils made into Cupid’s Arrow (see easy tutorial below), Small Heart Shaped-Themed Chocolate Boxes & Heart Shaped Brownies.
- Assemble the favor box.
- Glue the boy or girl-themed decal onto the glittery heart cut-out, and then glue the heart cut-out to the center of your favor box.
- Fill the favor box half way with the paper shred, and then add your Valentine’s Day goodies!
DIY Cupid’s Arrow Directions
- Valentine’s Day Pencils
- Red String
- Scrapbook or Construction Paper
1. Wrap two pencils together side-by-side using string at both the top and bottom. Make a tiny knot to secure.
2. Wrap two pencils together side-by-side using string at both the top and bottom. Make a tiny knot to secure.
3. Next, fold over a small section of paper and cut a tiny section out of the center to make an opening, then slide the pencils in.
4. Make sure the paper opening is facing downward and start cutting small angled strips to create the bottom portion of the arrow. (You can add a small piece of tape to the back of the arrow to secure if needed.)
5. That’s it!