Wedding Anniversary Decorations
When decorating for a wedding anniversary party, choose a color scheme that works well for your setting. The list below shows the traditional anniversary gifts associated with each year of marriage. This can be a guide to help you choose your color scheme based on these gifts, but other combinations can work just as well.
- First: Paper
- Second: Cotton, Calico, Straw
- Third: Leather
- Fourth: Flowers, Silk, Linen
- Fifth: Wood
- Sixth: Sweets, Iron
- Seventh: Wool, Copper, Bronze
- Eighth: Bronze, Pottery
- Ninth: Pottery, China, Crystal
- Tenth: Tin, Aluminum
- Eleventh: Steel
- Twelfth: Silk, Nylon, Linen
- Thirteenth: Lace
- Fourteenth: Agate, Ivory
- Fifteenth: Glass, Crystal
- Twentieth: China
- Twenty-Fifth: Silver
- Thirtieth: Pearl, Personal Items
- Thirty-Fifth: Coral, Jade
- Fortieth: Ruby, Garnet
- Forty-Fifth: Sapphire
- Fiftieth: Gold
- Fifty-Fifth: Turquoise, Emerald
- Sixtieth: Diamond, Gold
- Seventieth: Diamond, Gold
Outdoor Anniversary Party Decorating Ideas:
- Place a large sign on the door with a big number 50 (or whatever the year of celebration is).
- The wedding day isn't the only time to decorate a car. Why not decorate the car of the anniversary couple. Paint on the car with car paint, "Twelve years ago today Bill hit his first homerun!" Add Streamers and Balloons to jazz it up.
- Create a special walkway leading up to the door with Metallic Luminaries with glowing candles inside. The luminaries create a stunning entrance to a grand event!
- Once you have chosen a color scheme, use our Gossamer to create a beautiful and intimate atmosphere even in a large reception hall. We also carry a book that gives you step by step directions on how to achieve the look you want using Gossamer.
Indoor Anniversary Party Decorating Ideas:
- Never underestimate the power of decorating with Balloons. Balloons can turn any area into a party space in minutes at a low cost. Balloons without helium can be hung from the ceiling, or twisted together to form colorful columns and arches, or swag them across the room like streamers. To create a balloon strand, inflate 2 balloons and tie them together. Take 2 more balloons and tie them together in the same fashion as the first two. Take a piece of string, ribbon or monofilament line cut to your desired length. Twist the two pairs of balloons together at the ties. A few twists and they should stay in place. Twist the balloon cluster of four around the string. Repeat the steps until the strand is complete.
- Around the party site have mementos from the year they got married. Old bikes, toys, and clothing are just some ideas to get you started. If you can find a car manufactured that year, that is an excellent focal point either inside or parked outside the building.
- Clear string lights look lovely when strands are placed down the center of a tabletop, or twined around centerpieces and glassware. While our white cord blends well with most color schemes, if you want to stick with your color theme, try spray-painting the cord to match your theme color. Tape dangling light cords to the underside of the table or to the floor.
Anniversary Party Table Decorations & Anniversary Party Napkins
- A simple, yet appropriate centerpiece for any anniversary celebration consists of fresh or silk flowers surrounding large numbers representing the year the couple is celebrating. If the anniversary is the 50th, cut out large numbers on our metallic gold background material
- Fill crystal bowls or vases with brightly colored glass ornaments (silver for 25th, gold for 50th) and place them on the table in a bed of Metallic Shred.
- Personalize your table decorations to your guests of honor. For example, one table could display the bride's cheerleading poms from when they met and another table could show the groom's baseball glove from his college years.
- For the buffet table, nothing displays more elegance than an ice sculpture. Have a giant 25 carved out of ice if the couple is celebrating 25 years together. An ice sculpture in the shape of a vase can be beautiful when filled with flowers similar to the bride's bouquet from years ago.
- Create fun and unusual placemats from old photos. Visit a local print shop that can enlarge color photos or black and white photos. Enlarge them on the copier and have them laminated. Place a different picture at each guest's place for a lifelong collage! Another idea is to use old love letters, newspaper articles, and have them laminated. Whatever you use, these placemats will make a great conversation piece!
- Confetti is a great extra touch to add to any table. Scatter it down the center of the table to tie in the number of years, colors, or theme. If you plan ahead, insert a few pieces of confetti in the invitations and then sprinkle the same confetti on the table to connect the two.
- Add elegance to your affair by creating placecards for your tables. If the group is small and well connected, make copies of old photos of each guest with the honored guests. Adhere them to a heavy cardboard "tent". Let each guest find their seat by locating the old photo of themselves.
Order personalized napkins and have them imprinted with your party slogan and design of your choice. Select a metallic or foil imprint. The napkins will serve several purposes - great decorating in disguise and a delightful memento of the party that can be saved in scrapbooks for years to come!
Napkins can be laid out on a buffet table, or displayed at each place setting. Place napkins in the center of each place setting at an angle, or unfold them and place them in Custom Glassware for a tall dramatic look.