The Thursday Shindigz Party News Blast with Mary Collins:
Did you watch the CMA awards Wednesday? Yes or no, either way, here are your must know highlights:
- GeorgeStrait takes Top Entertainer and was sincerely surprised. The award was announced by Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts who has had such a touching and public fight with cancer.
- Married stars Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton won Female Vocalist and Male Vocalist of the Year respectively for the fourth year in a row.
- Best New Artist was given to Kasey Musgraves.
- Florida Georgia Line won Best Single of the Year with Cruise.
- Kenny Rogers was bestowed the Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement award. The legendary star sang his duetIslands in the Stream with Jennifer Nettles.
- Taylor Swift was honored with the CMA’s Pinnacle Award, for her worldwide success and recognition.
Also playful digs at Miley Cyrus, Dolly Parton and the royal baby made for a fun awards show.
This isn’t one of her crazy stunts. Well, it is a stunt, but it’s slated to really happen. Lady Gaga is planning to become the first recording artist to perform in zero gravity. She’s confirmed it for 2015. The plan is for Gaga to sing at Zero G Colony, a three-day high-tech music festival. On the third day of the event, Gaga will take off onboard a Virgin Galactic spaceship. Should be out of this world!
Welcome to the wonderful world of Twitter, Sarah Jessica Parker! The Sex and the City star joined the social networking site under the handle @SJP more than two years ago but tweeted for the first time this week on Tuesday.