Moms are always planning birthday parties or other events for their children. Moms also communicate with other moms: setting up play dates, sharing ideas, etc. Some moms have even created blogs about party planning and party ideas. We’ve compiled a list of thoughtful, parent bloggers who’ll spark your own creative, party planning ideas.
Top Party Planning Moms’ Blogs
- One Charming Party—These party planning moms find ways to include kids in St. Patrick’s Day decorating– as well as create a few fun activities (like a clover hunt) during a St. Paddy’s Day party you might host. They post craft ideas, also, specific to the various holidays.
- Party Planning Mom—while it seems as though the holidays slowed down the posting for this party planner, the blog offers cute ideas for occasions such as back-to-school and adoption showers. She offers recipes as well as party and craft ideas, plus pictures to illustrate along the way. The best part? This party planning mom shops and plans on a budget! Surprisingly, this one isn’t on the list from www.circleofmoms.com.
- Hostess with the Mostess—this is a blog to which multiple moms contribute. Made up of quite a few different moms, Hostess with the Mostess brings together the best ideas from the best party planning moms. This is also the blog that ranked number one on the list put together by www.circleofmoms.com.
- Pen N’ Paperflowers—the mom behind Pen N’ Paperflowers contributes to another party planning mom blog (previously mentioned) called Hostess with the Mostess. Jess invites her readers to contribute their own ideas to her blog and to a list she’s created called Promise ME. Promise ME is a list of promises she has made to herself of things she will do—everything from going vegan for a month to buying a new toe ring to having a real tea party with her daughters. She also adds a section to her posts called “Keeping it Real,” which include her personal confessions about the tools, products, and reasoning behind the posts.
- Kara’s Party Ideas focuses mainly on children’s birthday parties, but this blog offers a huge range of themes. Some of the posts on this blog highlight the simplicity of solid-colored decorations and put more of a creative spin on the baking, cooking, and favors.
- Catch My Party is more than just a blog. This site is a place where moms can come for do-it-yourself ideas, printables (to use for invitations, for favor labels, or for other types of labels) and to share their own blog posts!
- Bird’s Party Blog offers ideas for even the silliest of holidays—like a leap year party! They also host a “monthly link party,” which allows their guests to link to other posts that they found inspirational and creative.
It’s Time for You to Show Off!
While this list is by no means exhaustive, it’s a quick highlight of some of the best party planning moms’ blogs available on the internet. It’s time for you to get creative. Granted, not everyone has enough time to put together a party completely from scratch and design all their own invitations, favors, and a large portion of the decorations, so where do you go to get started? Pick a theme, pick a few colors, get the decorations and tableware you know you’ll need, then let your creative juices flow with some fun, edible favors and a few creative snack ideas for your party. Even the best party planning mom needs a little help getting started with her planning and decorating. Once you get going, show your friends and family what you’re capable of and share your blog with us!