Many families that gather at the holidays have too many people to fit around one table. One common solution to this issue is to divide the guest seating into two tables, an adult table and a kid table. If this is the arrangement at your gathering, you may be wondering what to do this year for the tablecover at the kid’s table?
We have an artsy idea for you that will keep the little ones busy, while the adults enjoy a pleasant holiday meal at their table. The best part about this tablecover is that it is inexpensive, and it can go home with the artists if they choose to limit their artwork to their allotted section of tablecover.
Christmas “Kid’s Table” Tablecover:
- Use flat white paper (item BGFPLN WHI) and red crepe streamers (STMCR2 RED) to create this look.
- Cover the table top with white flat paper.
- Create diagonal “candy cane stripes” using crepe streamers.
- Add a small metal bucket (Item WESMMB) to each place setting filled with crayons (TOYCRA8).
- The table cover becomes a craft by allowing children to draw and color on it during dinner.
Candy Cane Christmas Kid’s Tablecover:
- In the middle of the candy cane tablecover, place a festive candy cane centerpiece. The kids will enjoy looking at this bouquet of candy canes.
- In addition to the metal crayon bucket, place individually wrapped peppermint candy canes with an adorable snowman on the wrapper at each kid’s spot.
- Kids love cupcakes! Make a batch of your favorite flavor cupcakes, frost them, and then put in the cute candy cane cupcake picks.
- In keeping with the candy cane theme, decorate your party space with a few quick and easy holiday wall graphics. The wall graphics include: a personalized ribbon, a giant candy cane, a happy snowman, and a smiling gingerbread man.
- At the end of the party, remove the tableware and food off of the table and take a picture of the masterpiece. Then, let each kid take home their section of the tablecover, if they so desire.