Are you missing your winter wonderland? Create your own! Just because Mother Nature’s not cooperating with snow, doesn’t mean you can’t surround yourself and loved ones with some of your own decorative snow. Think about what the holidays mean to you. Create a community wherever you are and start your own traditions!
• Take family photos in front of a winter scene wall decoration or cover your home with one for a holiday party!
• Do you know friends that don’t have places to go for the holidays? Consider having them over for your family dinner or hold an orphan’s holiday dinner. Invite all your friends (potluck or otherwise). Friends are the greatest gifts to be thankful for this, and every season.
• Strategically place some standing snowflakes around your home to ignite your holiday mood and play holiday music (unless you’ve been shopping in a mall and are already jingled out!). For a change, try Rockapella or Manheim Steam Roller.
• Snuggle by the “fire”. Set up a fireplace decoration in your room. It makes any home cozy. Then sip cider, Chai, or hot chocolate and add a pinch of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. Cuddle with your honey and kids.
• Do you cook the same foods every year? Try one new Shindigz party recipe every season and note your favorites.
Some holidays don’t feel the same without the way we picture them from childhood, but with a little ingenuity and a lot of love, your holidays will be better than ever. You’ll be surprised at what becomes a new tradition. Happy holidays from our family to yours!