ShindigZ wants to help you plan your events and parties! We have tons of tips and party supplies to help you create a memorable celebration! Here are our tips for stress-free party planning. Plus, check out all of our party supplies for lots more ideas!
6 Basic Steps to Planning the Perfect “Stress-Free” Party
1. Select a theme for your event, this will help to determine the invites, food, favors and decorations.
2. Determine a budget and vow to stick to it.
3. Determine the menu based on the theme, your budget and your culinary skills. Keep it simple.
4. Create an outline/basic flow of the party from start to finish. Include games, activities, meals, mingling, anything you can think of and then add one or two extras just in case.
5. Do as much as you can the night before the party to reduce any stress the day of the event. This includes preparing food, decorating, setting the table, straightening up, setting out the camera and film, organizing music, and selecting your party outfit and accessories.
6. Plan some down time before the party to relax. Remember, it’s a party and Life should be more fun!
Party Planning To Do List
Three to Four Weeks before the big event
• Set a budget and vow to stick to it.
• Determine what type of party you will have from formal to casual.
• Select a theme, this will help determine invites, food, favors & decorations.
• Create a guest list.
• Select an event date.
• Purchase and send out the invitations (usually 4 weeks ahead of the event).
Two to three weeks before the big event
• Track your RSVP to get an idea of the head count.
• Determine a basic party flow for the event including activities, games, mingling and food. Always have a few extra ideas in your bag.
• Plan your menu.
• Purchase favors.
• Select decorations and purchase them.
One week before the big event
• Purchase all food items for the big event. Place orders as needed.
• Prep or prepare food ahead of time as allowed.
• Prepare an outline of everything that needs to be done before the party.
• Update the outline of the party flow.
• Finalize the headcount, but be flexible that it will change.
• Purchase beverages.
Two to three days before the big event
• Confirm all orders placed.
• Reconfirm the headcount, make a polite call to those you have not heard from via RSVP.
• Buy any Fresh Food required.
• Check for ample amounts of film and batteries.
• Say yes to the friends and family who are asking to help, give them a specific task from your prepared outline.
The day before the big event
• Complete food preparation and pick up of pre-ordered food items.
• Decorate for the party.
• Set table/serving table. Layout all napkins, cups, bowls, utensils, serving dishes, bottle openers, etc.
• Place a sticky pad in each bowl or counter area indicating what goes where.
• Select music to fit the theme and the desires of the guests.
The day of the big event
• Prepare foods and beverages that could not be made ahead of time.
• Put up all outdoor decorations, it is always best to do this the day of the party.
• Start the music, set the mood.
• Allow yourself plenty of time to get ready for the event, a long bath, glass of wine, quick dance, and exercise, whatever gets you in the right mood.
• Place disposable cameras around; put out your camera to capture memories.
Remember … Life should be more fun!