The 4th of July is the perfect holiday for a picnic! ShindigZ has great party supplies for decorating tables for a patriotic picnic.
Decorate your tables by covering them with a Patriotic Star Table Roll. The red, white, and blue star pattern creates a festive base for the rest of your decorations.
As an alternative, cover the tale with an Americana Tablecover, printed like the American flag, or red glistening fabric for a super chic look.
Add a Metallic Fringe Tableskirt for drapes of red, white, and blue foil to shimmer around your table. Sprinkle metallic star confetti over the top of your table for some extra pizzazz.
We have several cool centerpieces for your 4th of July picnic. The Festive Flag Razzmatazz Centerpiece is constructed from mylar flags and a sprout of foil stars out the top. The Americana Star Centerpiece features a star made from star garland sitting in a red mylar base. You can also create a centerpiece by turning a patriotic top hat upside down and filling it with peanuts, chips, pretzels, or another dry snack, or by anchoring balloons to it by placing a balloon weight inside and hiding it with red, white, or blue gossamer material.
Add a decorative party favor to your table by placing our Red, White and Blue Festive Personalized Votive Holders at each place setting. The candle holders can be customized with your own wording on a sticker you apply to the glass votive holder.
If your party will carry on into the night, incorporate Round LED Lights into your table decorations. The festive lights will add a bright touch to your tables and guests will appreciate the extra visibility!
For a 4th of July picnic, you’ll definitely need food. Here are some of our favorite food ideas for your picnic:
For this party, you definitely want to plan a simple menu. Don’t get stuck in the kitchen preparing and cooking while everyone else is relaxing and enjoying the day! Once the menu is planned, accept the offers of friends and family to bring something.
• Start by having an old-fashioned Fourth of July picnic, with fried chicken or grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, corn-on-the-cob, watermelon, baked beans, various salads, and, of course – apple pie and brownies for dessert! Be sure to stick a few Flag Picks in your dishes for a proud American touch!
• Prepare red and blue Jell-Otm Jigglers and cut them into the shape of stars using a cookie cutter.
• Serve pretzels, popcorn, potato chips, or nuts in our Red, White & Blue Top Hats placed upside down on the table.
• Prepare plenty of fresh red and blue fruit and place them on flag-topped skewers. Include strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and watermelon and serve with a white fruit dip!
• Cook up a special red bean salad using dark red beans.
• Make great memories by serving up snow cones and cotton candy with our Makers!
• Serve the children this mini kiddy cocktail: Before the 4th, freeze blue juice and red fruit punch in star-shaped ice cube trays. Just before serving, pour 7-up in individual clear glasses. Add a few of the fun shaped ice cubes to each glass along with a straw for stirring.
• For the adults, have plenty of coolers of pop, water, and beer on hand. Don’t forget tons of ice, as the weather is certain to be hot and dry!
• Lemonade is also a fun and festive summer drink to serve at this All-American party. Here is a recipe for a fantastic homemade lemonade:
10-12 lemons – slice one for garnish
2 C. sugar
4 C. water
3 C. crushed ice
Mix together for a delicious and refreshing thirst quencher!
• Finish the day with a patriotic July 4th Firecracker Cake! Here’s how you make it:
Bake three 8″ or 9″ round cakes in any flavor. Once they are cooled, layer them on top of each other with frosting in between layers. Frost the top of the cake white, and stripe the sides with red, white, and blue frosting. Using a decorator’s tip, pipe the top edge of the cake with a line of white frosting. On the top of the cake, stick a small bunch of Milky Way Garland in the center to finish the firecracker! This cake is sure to make an explosion of fun at your party!
ShindigZ also has patriotic tableware for serving your party snacks on.
The U.S. Pride Tableware Ensemble is a bold choice with an American Flag Print, while the Summer Surf ensemble has red, white, and blue colors with hibiscus and stars, for a more summery look. The Americana Patriotic Tableware has a rustic, American flag print.
You can create your own personalized napkins for your picnic too. Have Napkins with a Foil Imprint made with your patriotic logo and party details. These napkins add an extra-special touch to your tables that guests will really appreciate.
Check out all of our 4th of July Party TipZ for more ideas and tell us about your patriotic picnic!