You won’t have to wait for the World Series to experience the thrill this baseball party is sure create! We’ve gathered everything you’ll need to decorate and celebrate grandstand style, and to guarantee all-star action for everyone! Decorating for this party can be fairly simple, because typically this party will be held at a ballpark, schoolyard, backyard, or gym and the focus will be on playing the game. Try to greet guests with a festive welcome, and create over-the-top tables for eating, and for food and gift display!
• Line a walkway with red shimmer star cut outs, writing each guest’s name on a star. Tape the stars with masking or duct tape to the sidewalk, walkway or exterior walls leading to the site of the party. The stars can also be used on the food table and as place cards.
• Attach a bouquet of helium filled balloons to a light post or mailbox so there will be no mistaking where the fun will be that day!
• Start your decorating with our Championship Baseball Party Kit or Major League Baseball Party Kit. This ensemble contains balloons, streamers, curling ribbon, a cascading centerpiece, pennant cutout, molded baseball candles, and even a Baseball Piñata to match your theme!
• Our orange cheer phones (sport cones) are great for running drills, and they will also add a great splash of color to any party location!
• Stand life-sized stand ups of sports heroes around the table…Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Alex Rodriquez or Derek Jeter would all be welcome guests!
• Pay tribute to your child’s favorite pro team by adding logoed pennants, caps, bats, or autographed balls…anything you have around the house.
• Balloons can economically transform any room or yard into a festive space in a matter of minutes by using some of the following ideas:
-Use a helium tank to fill balloons. Tie Curling Ribbon to balloons, and group them together. (Odd numbers look best: 3, 5, or 7) Place groupings of balloons around the party site.
-Tie a bunch of helium filled balloons to the birthday child’s chair, or tie one balloon to the back of each chair.
• If your party is indoors, or if you are eating in a separate room, streamers offer an economical way to splash lots of color around the site of the party. Create a fun and colorful effect by draping printed streamers from the center of the ceiling to the walls on each side of the room. The streamers can be twisted after they are anchored to a ceiling wall or table for a more dimensional look. They also look terrific hanging from doorframes or cascading vertically down walls.
• Setting a table with the party ware, including the tablecloth, cups, plates, napkins, and cutlery is the fastest way to create a focal point in a room. Start by setting your table with all the goodies in the Championship Baseball Ensemble, creating a place setting at the table for each birthday guest. Setting the table with all the tableware creates a much more dazzling effect.
• Add one or a few of the following touches to personalize your tables:
• Cover the gift or food table with either grass green floral sheeting vinyl to create a clever surface that resembles a ball diamond. Use white athletic tape to create the bases, home plate and foul lines.
• Place a diamond shaped piece of the “infield” (same material as the table cover grass) under each plate as a placemat on the table where the kids will eat.
• Hang personalized vinyl pennants down the back of each chair around the table. A treasured pennant will hang in the birthday boy or girl’s bedroom for many years to come!
• Set a personalized cheer phone at each place setting as a place card.
• Turn well-washed batting helmets upside down, and use them as serving bowls for dry snacks such as chips, pretzels or Cracker Jack.
• Display your birthday cake in the center of the table…the kids will love the close up view!
• Add other personalized items, such as a stadium cup, to each place setting to let the birthday boy or girl know just how special he/she is. These items will stir fond memories of the “best birthday ever” for many years to come.