Sing Happy Birthday in Spanish! The tune is the same, and here are the words:
Feliz cumpleanos a ti, Feliz cumpleanos a ti, Feliz cumpleanos a ti, Feliz cumpleanos a ti! (Cha cha cha’s are optional.)
What you’ll need for a Backpack Cake:
• 1 cake mix
• 1-16 oz. container of ready-made frosting
• One board for displaying the cake
• One 9 X13” cake pan
• Violet and red gel or paste food coloring
• Two Hostess Snowballs
• One tube of Black writing gel
• Purple or lavender colored Airheads candy to form backpack handles
Bake cake according to the directions on the box. After the cake has cooled, place it on the cake board, and cut in the shape of Backpack. Frost the entire cake with the violet tinted frosting. Add the Snowballs as the eyeballs, using black writing gel to make the pupils. Using red tinted frosting, pipe an outline for the mouth, and then fill in the outline. The Airheads candy strips are soft and pliable, and can be shaped to create straps for the backpack.
If you are serving more people than can be accommodated by one boxed mix, we recommend that you either bake extra cupcakes, or an extra rectangular cake. All can just be frosted simply, and cut and served behind the scenes.
• Set up a little Fiesta that will expose the children to another wonderful taste of Latin culture. Serve mini tacos, empanadas, simple cheese quesadillas, salsa and chips, and Estrella Pequeno (little star sugar cookies). Our sombrero makes a wonderful “basket” for chips.
• As the excitement is so high at children’s birthday parties, most young children will eat very little, and the waste can be disheartening. Schedule your party during a time when parents will not expect that their children will eat a meal…and serve only cake, ice cream, and a few other munchies.