There are lots of heart-shaped props, centerpieces, tableware, favors and more – including heart-shaped balloons, cut-out cupids, tissue fan hearts, die-cut hearts, heart garland, heart shaped tiaras – you name it! Here are some tips to help you pull it all together for an incredibly romantic look that is sure to have Cupid working overtime!
• Tell your guests to come dressed for affection (red) from head to toe. Then as they arrive, present them with a red silk rose. This alone will add a festive look of love!
• Have people enter your party by passing through a 9′ high whimsical Valentine’s Heart Entranceway Arch or a romantic Red Rose Arch for a fun and unusual beginning.
• Decorate walls, doorways, or tables with our red and silver die-cut hearts enhanced with your own wording written with a paint pen. The more hearts you use, the lovelier the effect!
• Never underestimate the power of decorating with balloons, as they can transform any room into a cozy and festive space in minutes at a very low cost. Have a few sparkling heart balloons float above your party to show that love is definitely in the air tonight.
• Create a spectacular focal point or backdrop for pictures with a sparkling 3-D Heart Arch Entrance.
• Twinkle lights are not just for Christmas anymore! Just by hanging a few strands around the room, you create a romantic glow that will “wow” all of your Romeo and Juliets!
• A giant lighted balloon heart is 8′ high and serves as a grand focal point next to a buffet table or cocktail bar.
• To add a special touch to your party, tie big red bows with trailing streamers on the backs of your chairs. Gossamer works perfectly to create lovely bows at a budget price. If you are decorating a large area, or want to make any area look more intimate and elegant, drape and swag our gossamer across ceilings and walls. Twist red and pink together for a stunning look!
• Add open satin rose buds to your gossamer for a gorgeous effect. The gossamer drapes so beautifully, that if your room is softly lit, it will have a warm and romantic glow – just right for Valentine’s Day!
Before you begin to think about how you will decorate your tables for a Valentine’s Day event, you will first want to decide whether you are going to go very romantic with candlelight and roses, or whether you wish to create a fun atmosphere with confetti and candy. Either idea is wonderfully appropriate and we have some tips to decorate your tables for either choice.
• Use white table-covers to cover your tables and then for an added touch use fabric paint and draw hearts and X’s and O’s randomly on the cloth. For something a bit sexier, apply bright red lipstick and kiss the cloth to leave the outline of lips across the table!
• Heart gems and heart confetti are both great choices for scattering across the tables to add sparkle and shine! For a more subtle yet splendid confetti, try a few glitter silk rose petals.
• Float glittering heart floating candles in several glass bowls across your table. Sprinkle some silver sparkle powder at the base of each bowl to add to the glitz and glitter of the magical evening!
• If you will be using a buffet table to serve your lovers, dish up the food into heart-shaped dishes. Use glass cake stands to elevate some dishes and add dimension to the table. It always looks beautiful and adds romance when you line platters with a few roses or edible flowers (such as pansies).
• For your choice of plates and napkins, you could go with solid red (which looks very nice on the white tablecloth), or you could choose the Valentine’s Tableware for added design.
This party theme makes a great combo with a Paris theme. Check out our Paris Party TipZ for more ideas!