Themed weddings are growing more and more popular. If you’ve been dreaming of your wedding for years, what’s a better theme than Cinderella? Here are some tips for a wedding fit for a fairy princess and Prince Charming!
Choose one of the following invitations to let your guests know what a splendid time they will have at this magical wedding celebration:
• A Starry Night Invitation is perfect for this theme. Address each envelope to “Princess (first name) of (last name), adding a “dom” or an “ingham” to the end of each last name. For example, Shannon Wagner’s invite could be addressed to “Princess Shannon of Wagnerdom”.
• As an alternative, a Personalized Castle Invitation is absolutely enchanting! The invitations can be imprinted with your choice of wording…and you can use the slogan you choose to set just the right tone for the party.
• Consider sprinkling some magic dust in the form of sparkle powder, or castle confetti inside the envelope to give guests a sneak preview of the regal fun that awaits them!
• Consider attaching a computer-generated tag to a mini slipper with silver curling ribbon. Invite guests by saying, “Only you can fill this shoe…by coming to our magical wedding!” Hand-deliver these invites on a lovely white satin pillow, (leaving only the shoe invitation with each guest!)
We have several terrific kits that really set the magical stage for the saying of your vows! Depending on your budget, you can use a whole kit, or purchase individual components separately. Here are some of our favorites:
• If you are interested in a royal carriage, we have one in a Dreams Come True Kit. It also features a castle and backdrop, carriage, staircases and towers. Again, you can purchase the entire kit, or just components of it.
• Try an Hour of Enchantment Kit that features a large enchanted clock (with the time at just before midnight!) and four enchanted wall columns.
Once you decide on one of the kits, then you’ll also want to use some cloud-patterned gossamer material (a wonderful, lightweight fabric that drapes beautifully). You can use this to place around the reception site for an extra decorative touch.
Here are some more decorating ideas to make the Cinderella theme come alive!
• Use lots of stars and the silver to decorate with. Die cut stars, milky way garland, and star confetti would all work well for you.
• Use some silver or star-patterned balloons and hang these from the ceiling around the reception area.
Table Decorations and Napkins:
• Choose pink and silver to decorate your tables. Use super-shine table covers in silver as well as paper and plastic table covers in pink. Sprinkle the star confetti in the center of the table for a fairytale touch.
• Another idea would be to use mini slippers in the center of the table along with several sizes of candles. Fill the slippers with flowers or holographic silver confetti.
• Hang lots of twinkle lights around your party room for a romantic glow.
• Paint a few pumpkins white and sprinkle some gold glitter on them for a magical touch. Place a few pictures of the bride and groom around the pumpkins as a reminder of how they got to this special day together.
• Finally, you will definitely want a tiara for your Cinderella bride.
Order personalized napkins and have them imprinted with your party slogan and design of your choice. Select a metallic or foil imprint. The napkins will serve several purposes – great decorating in disguise and a delightful memento of the party that can be saved in scrapbooks for years to come!
Napkins can be laid out on a buffet table, or displayed at each place setting.
Place napkins in the center of each place setting at an angle, or unfold them and place them in glassware for a tall dramatic look.
There are many activities that go along with a traditional wedding and reception that you may or may not wish to include in your Cinderella themed wedding. You can choose to be as traditional as you wish and it won’t compete with this fairytale dream. Here are a couple of ideas that may make it a little bit more dreamy!
Use the soundtrack from Cinderella to start the dance floor off right.
Have a horse and carriage deliver the bride and groom to the reception and take them away at the end of the evening.
Instead of the bride throwing her bouquet, have her throw a glass (or plastic!) slipper.
For a “princess” touch to your food, serve it on gold or silver platters. If you are using plastic metallic trays, glue a few faux jewels to the outside edge.
Garnish food with edible loose-leaf gold, and add a sprinkling of tiny edible gold balls to your cake. If you would like a cake that is not the traditional style of wedding cake, check out our Castle Cake online.
Serve dry snacks (chips, pretzels, crackers) in crowns turned upside down. Place tiaras around any serving platters that need a touch of royalty!
Tell us about your Cinderella wedding!