WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• One packaged cake mix
• One 16 oz. Container of pink ready-made frosting, or Strawberry Cool Whip
• One board for displaying the cake
• One 9 or 10” diameter oven proof deep bowl
• Deep pink piping frosting to decorate the skirt
• Container of gold edible candy balls
• Edible iridescent glitter to sprinkle over the entire cake
• One clean 11” plastic doll (a Barbie™ doll works well)
Prepare and bake cake according to directions on the package. After cake is completely cooled, place inverted cake in the center of the cake board. In the center of the cake, cut out a small opening and place the doll into the cake. She should be covered from the waist down. Frost the entire cake skirt with pink frosting. Next, using a star tip, pipe a top onto the doll. Decorate the skirt with gold balls, pink piped trim, and edible glitter.
As an alternative, make a cake using our flower cake pan and frost it to match the sweet flower on the Tea Party Ensemble plate.
• Serve dainty finger sandwiches, strawberries dipped in chocolate, mini cutout sugar cookies, pink punch in tea cups, and mini J-ello Jigglers.
• As the excitement is so high at children’s birthday parties, most children under the age of 10 will eat very little and the waste can be disheartening. Schedule your party during a time when parents will not expect that their children will eat a meal and serve only cake, ice cream, and a few other munchies. Serve snacks in heart shaped buckets for a dainty touch on your “tea” table.