The decorations that you choose really depend on your own personal preference. If you have selected a theme for the party, you will want to decorate accordingly to create the atmosphere that brings the theme to life. If you decide to go without a theme, we would recommend selecting two or three colors to be your primary decorating guideline. These can be the wedding colors or just a favorite color combination that looks great in your party location. Once you have settled on the scheme, your decorating job is a whole lot easier!
• Hanging hearts are especially perfect to hang from trees if your party will mingle outdoors as well as inside.
If you want to focus on the couple, you could enlarge some photos at a copy store and hang them around the room. Choose cute photos – some romantic, some embarrassing, some baby shots, etc.
• An inexpensive way to create a beautiful and striking ambiance is with our gossamer Fabric. Simply drape the fabric over tables, tie bows on the backs of the chairs, swag it across a mantle, wrap it around pillars, and hang it from the ceiling. To add to this extraordinary look, place Twinkle Lights under the lightweight fabric for an ethereal glow.
• Never underestimate the power of decorating with Balloons as they can transform any size room into a cozy space at a very low cost. You can choose to inflate balloons with helium, but that is not your only option. In order to save money, inflate hundreds of balloons in colors to match your theme without using helium. Tie a 6-8 foot piece of curling ribbon to the end of each one. Using scotch tape, masking tape, or straight pins, hang balloons down from the ceiling so they hang at different lengths. Curl the loose end of the ribbon with scissors.
• A cute balloon that would add love into the air of your celebration is latex heart balloons. These would be especially adorable tied to the chairs of the guests of honor.
• Heart candles add drama to your table.
• A corrugated heart border looks great hung around the room as a wall border or placed around the edge of a table.
Table Decorations and Napkins:
• Heart confetti is perfect scattered across your buffet table!
• Add other personalized items such as stadium cups and imprinted glassware to each place setting to let guests know just how much you care. These items will stir fond memories of the “best bash ever” for many years to come.
• For an original touch on your party table, use a gold paint pen to draw random dots or squiggles on the handles of purple plastic cutlery. Tie the plastic flatware together with curling ribbon or gossamer streamers…big impact at a little price!
• Order personalized napkins and have them imprinted with your party slogan and design of your choice. Select a metallic or foil imprint. The napkins will serve several purposes – great decorating in disguise and a delightful memento of the party that can be saved in scrapbooks for years to come!
*Napkins can be laid out on a buffet table, or displayed at each place setting.
*Place napkins in the center of each place setting at an angle, or unfold them and place them in glassware for a tall dramatic look. *The napkins can also be tied and bundled with plastic cutlery with a multitude of items to match your theme. Try curling ribbon, gossamer streamers, or garters.