The decorations that you choose for your engagement party really depend on your own personal preference. For example, you could have a cocktail party, a dinner party, a casual BBQ, a brunch – anything goes! One thing that might make the planning a bit easier is if you select a theme for the party such as a Beach Party, Nautical Cruise or a Western BBQ. If you decide to go without a theme, we would recommend selecting two or three colors to serve as your theme colors. These can be your wedding colors, if you have decided on these already. Once you have settled on the scheme, your decorating job is a whole lot easier!
• Luminaries are a beautiful and economical way of adding a romantic touch to any location. They are especially nice to use for an evening event where you want to greet your guests with a bit of elegance!
• Twinkle lights add a lot of atmosphere when placed in trees, shrubs, and other outside plants.
• Fresh flowers and loose petals look beautiful and also add a fragrant aroma to the air!
• Lighted round paper lanterns really set the mood for dancing under the stars!
If you want to really focus on the couple, you could enlarge some photos at a copy store and hang them around the room. Choose cute photos – some romantic, some embarrassing, some baby shots, etc.
If you are decorating a large area, or want to make any area look more intimate and festive, drape and swag our gossamer across ceilings, walls, and the edges of table skirting. Twist two colors together for a stunning look. The gossamer drapes so beautifully, that if your room is softly lit, it will have an ethereal glow.
• Never underestimate the power of decorating with balloons as they can transform any size room into a cozy space at a very low cost. You can choose to inflate balloons with helium, but that is not your only option. In order to save money, inflate hundreds of balloons in colors to match your theme without using helium. Tie a 6-8 foot piece of curling ribbon to the end of each one. Using scotch tape, masking tape, or straight pins, hang balloons down from the ceiling so they hang at different lengths. Curl the loose end of the ribbon with scissors.
• A cute balloon that would add love into the air of your celebration is a diamond ring mylar balloon. These would be especially adorable tied to the chairs of the guests of honor.
Table Decorations & Napkins:
• Balloons are an affordable and easy product to use to create lovely centerpieces. Select balloons and curling ribbon to match your theme colors. Inflate the balloons (always use an odd number – 3, 5 or 7) with helium and let the colorful bouquets float above the table. Make sure the balloons float well above eye level so guests can easily see each other across the table. Secure the balloons by tying the ribbons to Mylar-covered weights, floral vases, upside-down top hats, or other theme-related items. If you prefer not to use helium, attach the balloons to balloon sticks and holders and create a bouquet with balloons. Fill a simple vase, metallic tote bag, or other colorful base with metallic shred, gemstones or brightly colored tissue.
• Place three or more votive candleholders (clear, frosted or cracked ice) in the center of your tables or clustered together at evenly spaced intervals on a banquet type table. You can increase your brilliant light by placing a mirror under one or two of the votives. Place the other candles around the mirror and enjoy twice as much flickering light from the reflection. To add a bit more glitz and glimmer, sprinkle confetti or place gemstones around the votives. These will also reflect the light and add sparkle to your tables. Use a confetti color that coordinates with your theme colors. Finish off your centerpieces with your choice of votive candle color. Choose the color that works best with your color scheme and enjoy the fabulous scent that will fill the air! A second option to consider is to use tapered candles. The elegant lines of taper candles can dress up any table. We recommend grouping them together in odd numbers. At the base of the taper candles, place greenery, gemstones, wired garland, puddled gossamer or confetti. Place fresh flower petals around the candles for a romantic touch. If an enclosed flame is a must, try decorative lamps. These lamps can be personalized with the date and theme of the wedding or can be left unimprinted. Place at the center of each table with flower petals, ivy strands, confetti or curled ribbon scattered at the base.
• Floating candles make a beautiful centerpiece for any table. Delicate candles in the shape of flowers can easily be placed in bowls, snifters or other wide mouth glassware pieces. Simply fill each candle bowl with water (about halfway) and place a floating flower candle in each bowl. Add color to the centerpieces by placing a sprig of greenery or colorful confetti around the base of the glass. Add a few drops of food coloring to the water if you wish to tint it to match your theme colors. Another color option is to add gemstones inside the glass container.
• Order personalized napkins and have them imprinted with your party slogan and design of your choice. Select a metallic or foil imprint. The napkins will serve several purposes – great decorating in disguise and a delightful memento of the party that can be saved in scrapbooks for years to come!
*Napkins can be laid out on a buffet table, or displayed at each place setting.
*Place napkins in the center of each place setting at an angle, or unfold them and place them in glassware for a tall dramatic look. *The napkins can also be tied and bundled with plastic cutlery with a multitude of items to match your theme. Try curling ribbon, gossamer streamers, or garters.