Appropriate selections to serve at a bridal shower are endless. Because usually just female guests attend a traditional shower, you will want to consider dishes that are not only tasty but appealing to the eye as well. Here are some ideas to make ordinary food look extraordinary:
• Present the food with small edible flowers, herb leaves, or a few berries as accents. Some bakeries will bake specialty breads in lively colors (pink or purple). Using a flower-shaped cookie cutter, cut each slice into a pretty shape and top with a spoonful of chicken, egg, or tuna salad and place a garnish on top.
• Drizzle a homemade raspberry sauce on each plate before placing the dessert in the center. Top with shavings of white chocolate.
• Candy-making stores and specialty shops carry an edible glitter than can be added to any food for a dazzling effect!
• Freeze a Jell-O ring mold with water and pansies for a floral float in a punch bowl.
• Use goblets or Flutes to serve mousse or gelatin – looks impressive, but so easy to do!
For brunch or lunch dishes, try one of these ideas!
• Egg Casserole
• Stuffed French Toast
• Belgium Waffles and Strawberries
• Seafood Salad
• Fruit Plate
• Chicken Salad
• Caesar Salad
• Scallops with Fettucine
Finish the shower off with a delicious dessert! Here are some suggestions.
• Lemon Meringue Pie
• Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
• Cherry Delight
• French Silk Pie
Serve your food on the Blushing Bride Tableware Ensemble for an extra sweet look.