First of all, you should start by answering a few basic questions about your party. Your answers will help you get focused and point you in the right direction. You should think through these questions at least four to six weeks before your scheduled party date.
1. How formal do I want this party? Should it be a black-tie affair, a dressy event, or a casual gathering?
2. What type of theme do I want to center the event around?
3. How many people do I plan to invite?
4. How much money do I want to spend?
5. Will I host this at home or another location?
6. Do I need to arrange any entertainment for the party?
Once you have answered these party planning questions, the next step is to create a guest list and purchase the invitations. A good rule of thumb is to send invitations out three to four weeks ahead of time – even sooner during the holiday season. You can usually count on about 25% of your invitations coming back as regrets.
Lots of Birthday Party Ensembles include invitations that match your tableware and decorations. Plus, you can have personalized invitations printed just for your party or event.