You might also want to host a 5-star elegant affair. If that’s the case, choose foods that are found in your favorite restaurants and find recipes for comparable versions. You could also higher a caterer.
Create a dessert buffet full of delicious bite-sized cakes, cookies and other treats. Use a sweet station to display your desserts.
You can create a sky scraper cake by layering thin cakes on top of each other with different colored icing, fruit, whipped cream, or your favorite filling between each layer. Be careful not to build it so tall it topples over!
If you plan on setting up a basic bar, plan to have the following on hand for every 10 adult guests:
• 1 case of beer
• 2 liters of seltzer
• 3 liters of soft drinks (diet and regular)
• 2 quarts of fruit juice
• Plenty of chilled bottled mineral water (sparkling and flat)
• 2 bottles of wine – one red, one white
• Hard liquor – a fifth makes aprox. 14 drinks
• Lemon and lime wedges and twists, olives and other garnish
• Lots of ice – plan on 1 lb. per adult guest for the evening.
1 Quart Apple Juice
1 Quart Cranberry Juice
1 Quart Party Punch
2 Quarts Orange Juice
1 Quart Ginger Ale
Mix and chill.