These decorating ideas are great for your nautical themed event or yacht party!
The color scheme that works the best with this theme is definitely blue, red, and white, with touches of yellow. A combination of only two of these colors would work as well, so pick what works best for you. There are complete nautical decorating kits that, if your budget allows, would transport your guests to a nautical paradise.
The Nautical Theme Party Kit includes a dock, a lighthouse, a sailboat, a cruise ship mural and much more!
Greet your guests at the door with a Life Preserver Arch for a fun way to get the party started. This can also be used as a fun cruise style backdrop for some souvenir picture taking! The personalized nautical banners also make great entrance decorations.
Set up a Personalized Ship Standee next to your buffet tables, gift tables, or other key areas for a great touch.
The nautical anchors would be perfect to place on your walls – these are available in gray, red, yellow or blue. Complement these with some of our seagulls and portholes!
To create a fun and unusual illusion of actually being on a cruise ship, place a ship’s rail decoration approximately three feet away from a wall. Add some blue water gossamer on the floor between the rail and the wall and add a few small white and blue balloons to look just like the ocean!
If you wish, you could attach a beautiful mural to the adjacent wall! Our room rolls are great for creating a lush ocean backdrop to your nautical themed party.
• If you wish to have assigned seating, purchase a sand dollar for each guest and use a paint pen to write their names on them. Place one sand dollar on each plate to serve as a placecard.
• Scatter sand and a few shells across you table like confetti.
• If you will be having a head table, or a buffet table, highlight it by placing a set of dockside pilings on either side of the table.
• Highlight it even further by lining the edge of the table with our nautical signal garland.
• Place a plastic life preserver at the center of your table. For the center of the ring, spraypaint some tree branches white and hang fish net and shells from them. Keep the branches upright by using a Styrofoam base to support them.
• If you can find some beautiful pieces of coral, these always look beautiful on your tables. You could add some air plants and sprinkles of sand to complete the look!
Some other decorating items that you may want to use around your party site would include lots of:
• Fish netting
• Glass ball floats
• Air plants
• Palm trees
• Canvas-backed beach chairs
• Beacon lights